Adoniram Judson’s Rules of Life
(Judson was a missionary in Burma for almost forty years. He died in 1850. Judson Univ. is named after him)
1. Be diligent in prayer, every morning and evening.
2. Never spend a moment in mere idleness.
3. Restrain natural appetites within the bounds of temperance and purity.
4. Suppress every emotion of anger or ill will.
5. Undertake nothing from motives of ambition or love of fame.
6. Never do that which at the moment appears to be displeasing to God.
7. Seek opportunities of making some sacrifice for the good of others.
8. Endeavor to rejoice in every loss and suffering for Christ’s sake, remembering that like death, they are of great gain.
~ ~ ~ ~